Posted on January 13th, 2010
|I decided to put the brick breaker game on hold for a while, as I'd previously planned on releasing an update for Din this month. So I spent the day working with Din. Specifically, I spent most of the afternoon trying to pinpoint a bug. It turns out that the bug is not my doing; it's a problem with the compiler's debugger.
The real fun began in the evening when I started experimenting with the library that I use to make stuff for the GP2X. I figured out how to access a specific pixel in a graphic object (read or write), how to break up a color value (again, read or write) and how to draw a line from point A to point B. None of these tasks are handled by API from the library -- if you want them you must code them yourself and pray you got your algebraic formulas correct.
I might try writing API to draw a circle and rectangle -- the last two functions most libraries have that this one lacks.
Additionally, the compiler I use had a major version update on the 1st, so I installed that.
Lastly, I ran across a little website about dwelling on the positive instead of the negatives. It's called Gives Me Hope.