Despite it all progress was made
Posted on September 14th, 2008
Today wasn't exactly smooth. Ike decided to bring us high winds, killing our power for about 2 hours in the evening. I also ended up making countless trips to and from the computer throughout the day. It's amazing I got anywhere.

I succeeded in finishing Din's new base code. This took about 23 KB of code to do. Previously it took 45 KB worth of code to create the same result. I wasn't kidding when I said it needed cleaned up. The next step is translating the library to the new code design.

During the power failure I had lots of time to think about Project Metal. In the end I think the best idea is not the extremely complex and involved game I was planning on but instead a simple dungeon crawl with no real story. I might go back and create a complex game, but that's a "maybe" leaning towards "not". Recently I kvetched about the way a large number of webcomics seem to all have the same plot. While somewhat darker, the plot of the complex game could be condensed into something nearly identical to that done-to-death plot line. So rather than go that route like hundreds already have, I'm just going to focus on adventure for adventure's sake.

Today's link highlights some important statistics.
MENU




- NAVIGATION -
Most recent posts
Previous Post
Next Post

- ARCHIVES -

2018
2017
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007

- FOLLOW -

RSS
LJ Feed

Contact

List of UGuardian's Websites