Yesterday's news
Posted on August 25th, 2008
Yesterday night I attempted to write the usual blog entry of the day but was unable to actually compose it. The problem was that I was too tired to write anything coherent.

Yesterday began with some errands (bit of a pattern lately). Mom and I visited Wal*Mart with a list of things to get. It turns out that the majority of the things on the list aren't available at the local Wal*Mart. As a result we'll have to visit Target in the near future.

While at Wal*Mart we looked at the various framed artwork avaiable. There's some nice stuff and it's pretty cheap, so if I don't find anything better elsewhere some of it will be hanging on the wall above the desk.

Aside from junk food (a shopping prerequisite of course), we managed to get the paint dad wanted for his window frame.

Mom was thinking about getting lunch at the Subway inside Wal*Mart. I had a better idea: the nearby McDonald's. I had memorized the nutritional content of their menu, so I knew what to get. Unfortunately they got my order slightly wrong. I ordered a quarter pounder and got a quarter pounder with cheese. Granted, most people get it with cheese, but plain quater pounders are supposed to be on the menu. There's a difference of 500 mg sodium (25% of my diet's limit) between the one with and the one without. I didn't see the point of arguing this with the lady at the register, so I just moved on.

My lunch was the aforementioned sandwich, a large fries, a hot fudge sundae and a large Diet coke. For another D'oh! twist, I found later that I had correctly remembered the sodium content of these items, but not the calories. Thus I ended up over about 400 calories at the end of the day. On the plus side that's the less important of the limits, so no real harm done. I've revamped my order so that next time I don't overshoot the target.

During the afternoon we had a thunderstorm. As a result I spent more time thinking about my Projects than actually working on them. I managed to make good headway with Project Metal yesterday.

When I helped dad move the desk up from the office to the living room on Saturday I successfully managed to strain my right brachioradialis and some or all of my right flexor digitorum superficialis, flexor digitorum profundus, flexor carpi radialis, flexor carpi ulnaris, palmaris longus, and lexor pollicis longus. It's no surprise I dropped the desk.

In layman's terms, I sprained my right forearm and wrist. There's an injury that'll raise eyebrows!

I've been doing stuff on the computer with my arm wrapped in a heating pad. This also means I've been exercising differently. I've been using the 10 pound weights instead of the 15 pound ones and today I didn't try to use the arm ergometer. I tried that yesterday and made my arm hurt enough that I aborted the exercise at 5 minutes instead of the usual 10. As none of weight lifting exercises I do use any of the injured muscles, I can do 10 reps of everything without trouble.

That about wraps up yesterday.

Most recent posts
Previous Post
Next Post




LJ Feed


List of UGuardian's Websites