||What a day
Posted on January 22nd, 2008
|The stars weren't right today. They weren't completely wrong either, so the day's events were frustrating and annoying without being major.
Hardly anything went right:
• The bed suffered a lethal case of static cling this morning, thus the simple act of making the bed was a task. The blankets stuck to each other, me, and the bed. A 30 second task took about 10 minutes of effort.
• The previous post covered the morning conversation.
• The internet connection didn't quite work. I was lucky to hit dial-up speeds in some cases. Thus somethings I downloaded took several hours longer than usual.
• I spent the day tired, so this mess was less bearable than it probably appears. I attempted to take a nap, at which time Little One attempted to perfect his tap-dancing skills on my face. Thus I didn't rest up any during that nap.
• At several points mom asked me to do something and then stood or walked in the way of whatever it was she wanted me to do. Once I told her to move out of the way so I could do whatever, and she was offended and got all huffy, asking "what's my problem?" and "why was I so grumpy?". My best answer to that is that I was born without the ability to walk through solid matter.
• I've decided that it would be best to reformat the computer. Too much junk on it, and too many trailings from programs or installs that didn't end up working. However, I need to wait for BOINC to finish these last jobs before I can reformat.
• For a short time the water was off. There was a leak somewhere in the complex, and they needed to turn the water off to fix it. This basically screwed up lunch as one needs water to cook.
• Another, abet petty, annoyance was that the battery to the GBA died while I was writing down a password.
In other news, this guy is sitting on a fortune, but won't compromise the ecology for money.