Writing and modeling
Posted on August 17th, 2012
This morning began with a quick trip to Rite Aid for some odds and ends. While I did pick up an A&W, I did hold off on buying the can of chili that was enticing. That brand is rather good, but it's also more than thrice the calories and nearly five times the sodium of the chili I typically have for lunch.

The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. I managed to clean up all of the symbol tutorials, including the one that needed rewritten.

During the evening I messed with the 3D editors; mostly just playing around but it turned out to be an interesting evening. Yesterday I'd modeled a simple horse or pony model. It was supposed to be a wooden toy horsie, so it was very roughly done with few polygons. I'd tried rendering it with a stock wood material and Poser-generated hair, but wasn't particularly thrilled with the result. Today I tried making a mane and tail object that attaches to it similar to how hair objects work in Poser. In so doing I accidentally discovered several things like creating different materials on a single figure and duplicating objects in the 3D editor.

This also provided me with an idea for the Tumblr blog project I've been batting around. Unlike the others concepts, this one is actually workable with my current level of ability. I may yet get it to work.

The link for the day is a little animated short about a house spirit.
MENU




- NAVIGATION -
Most recent posts
Previous Post
Next Post

- ARCHIVES -

2018
2017
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007

- FOLLOW -

RSS
LJ Feed

Contact

List of UGuardian's Websites