Reworking things
Posted on February 18th, 2012
Most of the day was spent poking at things.

I've been fussing over what font to use for Background Service's relaunch, and this round I went to see what other people thought of the fonts I've singled out. Amusingly, the one that's the most popular is the one I used originally, so nothing really changed there.

Another interesting thing that happened was that I answered a question about what blog software to use with a glib suggestion to write it themselves like I had done. Long story short, this started a small conversation about possibly releasing my blog's code as Open Source. It's incredibly small ( 617 lines, 17 KB ), so novices could manage it easily or integrate it with their existing sites. I hadn't thought of releasing the code at all, and once I did I didn't see a reason not to do so.

So I've added another project to my plate; namely making a GPL version of the code that's easy for other people to use. I made good headway on it this evening; it can't yet interact with a database, but the templating code is working properly and benchmarks are roughly the same as the original code.

The link for the day is a short video of Princess Luna trying to get some R&R.
MENU




- NAVIGATION -
Most recent posts
Previous Post
Next Post

- ARCHIVES -

2018
2017
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007

- FOLLOW -

RSS
LJ Feed

Contact

List of UGuardian's Websites