Code code code
Posted on October 9th, 2010
I was going to do some work on the next batch of comics today, but it ended up taking me most of the afternoon to write out the scripts. I decided that it would be best to continue working on Image Puzzle, so I shelved the comic for today and got right to coding.

I spent most of the day changing the game's guts in various directions. The four main goals were to cut down on the number of graphics the game required, remove duplicate functions, provide consistent buffering for the output and direct the code towards the inclusion of menus and multiple game modes.

Overall, the code went from ~920 lines to ~1200 lines. Oddly, the executable size shrank by about 1.2 KB. You'd think more code means a larger binary, but apparently not.

The link for today is a pleasant little J-Trance song. I attempted to order more of this artist this morning, but the site I order from was buggering up. Anyway, enjoy the music.
MENU




- NAVIGATION -
Most recent posts
Previous Post
Next Post

- ARCHIVES -

2018
2017
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007

- FOLLOW -

RSS
LJ Feed

Contact

List of UGuardian's Websites